Friday, September 13, 2013

For Those Long Days, and Quick Years

I am tired tonight.

Blessedly tired.

In an effort to save some money, and get more use out of that pass to Jekyll that my grandparents got us for our anniversary (thanks, guys!), we have been going to the beach almost every day this week. It has been so much fun! Every time we have done something a little bit differently, and I loved it! One day football, the next day tidal pool, building a fort, walking on the beach. Talk about enjoying the scenery. But I'm tired.... and sunburned. Mostly just tired.


I got fabulous news today! I got a call from Pier 1 that they would like to offer me a job! Yippeee! But I have to admit that it's a little bit scary. Every time I have ever worked outside of the home, I've blown most  a conservative amount of money on fast/already prepared food. This is something I definitely want to avoid because I am working towards paying off my car/making home improvements/and if I am super awesome paying off our mortgage before we're 30. We'll see...

 
So I ask you, readers, to share with me any tips you may have for being a working mom without your household going to pot as well and quick recipes that aren't crazy expensive because I am trying to save some money here. ;) I would also like to ask you to pray for me and encourage me as we embark on this journey, that my family be strong enough to handle a working mom, and that I am strong and wise enough to make the best use of my time away from our home.


"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: 'Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all'." Proverbs 31: 25-29


Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful evening! I'm going to go get so much needed rest! :)

2 comments:

  1. Crock pot will be your best friend!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure it will be! I have been checking out some quick and cheap meals on Pinterest. We will have to see what's a keeper and what just isn't. :)

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind ~