Friday, November 1, 2013

Distractions

Things have been busy around here as per usual, with us settling into a routine with my job, preparing for holidays, dealing with colds, budget meetings, and planning, planning, planning. And that brings me to something that I have to regrettably admit- I have fallen away from my daily mediation on the Word. Guess what, I can tell. I can feel it in every bone of my being that I am not getting enough nutrition... I am starving and thirsting for His Words. Ever happen to you?



A day or maybe two goes by and it doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but then those days turn into a week, and then two... and it becomes oh-so-much-more noticeable the malnourishment of our souls. The good news, is that I am in fact aware of the very cause for my heart feeling distance. Sadly, it's my own fault.

"Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded."  James 4:8

There have been a few things going on at work that have me feeling upset, and hurt, and aggravated. All this time, I have been turning it over and over and my head, my little Rubik cube that I need to fix.  I do this often, trying to figure out this puzzle placed in front of me because I like black and white and matching colors a lot more than admitting that humans are muddy creatures and there may not always be a clear cut quick fix. But I gave up. I put it at the cross and turned to Jesus. I searched for ways to show grace and love to those who are rude and snide, and tried to open my own heart up for his love.

Miracously, Not surprisingly, the next time I went to work those certain someones were kinder to me. And I let this truth settle into my bones: when I surrender to Him, I don't lose anything... in fact, I gain everything.

"For whoever would save their life will lose it, but whoever loses it for my sake will find it."  Matthew 6:25
 

So here I am, being honest. Opening my heart, and allowing God to work within me, shining light into the dark corners of my heart. I am trusting that He made me and knows me, and knows exactly what I need. That if I trust in Him, and follow Him and focus on Him, every thing else with fall into place.


(img src: www.supersimbo.com)
 
 
~
 
"If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen. "  1 Peter 4:11

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear HE worked it out for you, HE is totally awesome in that way!!! And I am glad you are back on your feed, because YES it does make a huge difference... Lots of Love to you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind ~