Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Be Intentional

Here's a thought that ran across my mind as I read "For Quiet Love of Home" http://proverbs14verse1.blogspot.com/2013/06/for-quiet-love-of-home.html by June Fuentes:

We have to be intentional.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

Leading a godly live requires discipline. We are running a race, or rather the race is running in front of us so we need to join in and run. Run as if our lives depended on it. Because they do.

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run in a way that you may obtain it." (1 Corinthians 9:24)

We are supposed to be running and fighting for our souls. God does. He is our enamored suitor that says no distance is too far for him to walk for us. He never gives up. He never takes the easy road out.

A righteous life does not happen to us, just as a unrighteous life doesn't just happen. We make decisions, whether it be bad or good. We have to consciously choose God. Choose water. Choose life.

Today is a new day. A beautiful day. So I urge you to choose life and love. Disregard yesterday, and begin anew. Perfection is not required, trying is.

This is our anthem, hear our roar:

"for God gave us not a spirit of fear but of power and love and self-control" (2 Timothy 1:7)

1 comment:

  1. 2 Timothy 1:7 is one of my all time favorite verses. I love this post about being intentional...It's something I'm very passionate about. I believe when you are intentional you make a difference. I want to make a difference, not just in my life, but how I raise my girls...does Jesus shine through me, or am I allowing my flesh to take over....it doesnt happen on accident. I'm choosing to be intentional on purpose!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind ~